This is the personal website of David Ghazawy, a Director, Cinematographer, Writer, Programmer, 3D Generalist, Video Game Developer, Web Developer and Photographer from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
I am currently working on my first animated feature film, Spring Blues. In addition to this I am working on two side projects, my first video game, A Tin Town War and documentary, Coptic in Australia.
This website was primarily created with tthe intention of showcasing some of my work and highlighting other websites and projects I own and work on.
If you would like to contact me you may do so at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor of Media and Communication (Media and Culture) (expected 2023)
Diploma of Health Science (2018)
Diploma of Information Technology (Games Development) (2011)
Diploma of Film Production (2009)
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (expected 2022)
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (expected 2021)
Certificate IV in Health Administration (2019)
• Well versed in Procedural Programming principles and computer languages.
• A sound understanding of User Interface Design; both haptic and non-haptic.
• Understanding of Colour Theory and Lighting as it pertains to interactive and non-interactive mediums.
• Excellent writing, subbing and proofing skills in prose, print and web. Most proficient in Script Writing with key analysis and focus on the traditional three act structure, character arcs, pacing and dialogue.
• An understanding and ability to use a wide variety of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple’s Xcode, Xmarian and MonoDevelop.
• An advanced understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs); predominately XNA 3.0 and XNA 4.0, OpenGL, OpengGL ES and DirectX.
• Experience using a variety of Game Engines including but not limited to Torque, Unity and UDK.
• Mac, PC and Linux Literate.
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools. The ability to use MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• A sound understanding of the underpinnings principles of database creation, management and entry; Structure Query Language (SQL).
• Proficient in Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat, Media Encoder and Premiere.
• Proficient in Maya, 3D Studio Max, Mudbox, MotionBuilder and ZBrush.
• Working knowledge of Server and Networks, including Computer Clusters and Networking Topologies.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Production Pipeline; creating and testing through iteration.
• Demonstrable Motion Capture Technology Production Pipeline and workflow knowledge.
• Experience in setting up and operating cameras (predominately DSLRs), lighting and audio equipment. Expertise extended to include hardware and principles of Photography.